Blackbird Songs

Fuck it. Some days, I simply cannot keep doing this Pollyanna act. I am not Mary Poppins. A spoonful of sugar will not help the medicine go down. If I have to make one more smiley-bot Polo, I will lose my mind. 

I will sit in that chair. I will drink my coffee and eat doughnuts that are so not good for me. I will throw that plate against the wall so hard that it shatters and I will not clean up the mess. 

I will not take the doctor's call. I have nothing to say. You have nothing that I can bear to hear. 

"Is Mrs. Cancer fighter there please?"

No. She is not. She is far away today. She doesn't care about anything right now. She'll be back tomorrow. She always is. 

But, today.....she is far, far away. 

You can't touch her. She can't hear you. 

Leave her be.  

Comments

Popular Posts