Unlucky 26

I woke up this morning and felt the sense of unrest already. It was the 26th. 26 has been a very unlucky number for me. 

I was first diagnosed with breast cancer on February 26, 2015. 
I was diagnosed with leukemia on April 26, 2017
I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer on November 26, 2018.

Every time it is the 26th of the month, I keep expecting for something terrible to happen. 

It can't be much worse than cancer. But, I could get hit by a car or my leukemia could return. I could have a heart attack. My bad luck seems attached to the number 26. I will breathe much easier when this day is over....say around midnight. 

I just want this day to be over and done with. 

So....if you don't hear from me again...I got hit by a bus today. 

Just kidding. 

Sorta. 

Comments

Popular Posts