Meeting Famous People

I had the oddest dream about Steven Tyler last night. Just your run-of-the-mill crazy chemo dream. I was at a party and he was there. I was tired and trying to find T to go home. (This is my new life...even if I see Steven Tyler at a party, my fatigue is more important...now, if it was James Taylor, I might have stayed...) I couldn't find her and somehow ended up in a kitchen with a toddler, baking brownies. Steven came wandering in and told me that he needed a good disguise. He wanted to turn into a little black boy. Could I assist him with the wand that I had attained at Universal Studios? I was suddenly very sure that I could do this and actually said a very complicated spell, shook my Luna Lovegood wand, and POOF, Steven Tyler was a little black boy. He thanked me and asked me if I needed help with the baby. I declined and he left. 

Other strange things happened, but what is interesting to me is that Steven Tyler was in my dream. I have not thought of him in years. I actually MET him the Summer after I graduated from high school. I went with  my bff at the time and her sister and brother to an Aerosmith concert. We went to the auditorium. It was my first week of college and I was feeling so, well, collegiate. We immediately joined the throng of adoring women in the front of the stage. After about a half hour, two burly looking guys came out into the group and began handing out passes to come backstage after the concert. Somehow, my bff and her sister each got one and in a sweet gesture, the sister gave hers to me.

I have such a distinct memory of standing next to each other, holding hands and screaming....well....like TEENAGE GIRLS. 

The concert was awesome, of course. There was Dream On and Walk This Way. Steven Tyler was gyrating madly on stage and luridly prancing for all of us. We were starstruck, singing along. We actually went to the restroom to fix makeup and hair before the show was even over. We wanted to look perfect for Steven. 

The rest is kind of blurry. I remember going to the appointed door and showing our badges to a guard who led us down a long hallway with about a dozen other girls. He did ask us if we were all 18. We all said yes. 

He knocked on a door and we were led into a room and what I recall is feeling absolutely out of my element. There were roadies everywhere, rushing around, packing things. The band was sitting around on chairs, drinking. 

And there he was. Steven Tyler. All sweaty and I have to admit that he was not a handsome man, but he was the sexiest man I had ever seen. He looked up at us, after taking a swig from a clear bottle and said something about pretty maids all in a row. But, he made it sound absolutely filthy. And we squealed like the starstruck girls that we were. He stood up and went immediately to a girl who was far prettier than me and led her back to the sofa and motioned for all of us to sit down. 

I don't remember where I sat. I mostly remember that I was blushing furiously and embarrassed about it. My bff was sitting next to a guy who was cleaning guitars and had hair that was nearly identical to hers, blonde and almost to his waist. I think I perched on some sort of stool. 

Joe Perry came into the room then and it looked as if he had showered. He didn't look sweaty and he had changed into a pair of jeans and a tee shirt. He sat directly across from me and started eating handfuls out of a giant bowl of M & M's. One of the girls in my group went up to him, plopped herself down in his lap, and told him how much she loved him. 

And then, there was Steven Tyler RIGHT SMACK DAB in front of me. There was something lizardly about him, but that is wrong...it makes him sound icky and yes, he was sort of icky and I remember strongly that he stank horribly of body odor.....but his face, his whole demeanor was mesmerizing. He smiled at me and there is no way to say this nicely, he looked like he wanted to taste me. His tongue whipped out of his mouth and he licked his lips. I felt as if I might faint. 

"Do you have a name, little milkmaid with the pink cheeks?"

I could not think of my name. I felt as if I might melt under the heat of his eyes. I tried to swallow and failed. I was violently shaking with nervousness. 

And then, I felt a hand on my shoulder and felt myself being pulled off my chair. It was Joe Perry. He gently put his arm around me and led me to the door. I could hear Steven Tyler cackling in the background. I don't know how we got to the door. I remember being very conscious that Joe Perry smelled like patchouli while Steven Tyler reeked of stink. Yet, Steven Tyler was the one who made me unable to talk. When we got to the door, Joe opened it and gently set me outside. 

"You are far too sweet faced to be in that room with our pack of mules," he said, with the kindest smile on his face. "Go on home, little one." 

I don't remember much of what happened next. I went to where my bff's sister and brother were waiting for us. We went out to the car to wait for my friend, who showed up about a half hour later. She said that they had all been shooed out and she hadn't been able to meet any of the band. 

So...now I can say that I have met Steven Tyler and Joe Perry. It truly was a big moment. You'd think I would have better recall. To this day, what I remember most acutely is that Tyler smelled terrible but was still almost unbelievably sexy and that Joe Perry was a very nice man. But...hey...I was 18. Life was just beginning for me. And I'm sure that all of the girls that went backstage with me returned home unscathed that evening. Still. To be THAT close to charisma on that level was truly exciting. And I will never be a nubile 18 year old girl again, so I doubt that I will be invited backstage ever again unless I win a contest of some sort. 

But, it was an interesting memory and funny that Steven Tyler would show up in my dreams like that. 

Isn't it typical that the nice guys are always the less memorable? Joe Perry was a decent guy who gently helped me out of a situation where I was clearly out of my depth. 

But, he didn't make the cut for my dream. Maybe because cancer dreams tend to be crazy as fuck. 

I've met two other famous people and will try to write about them next to give me a break from whining about white blood cell counts, snafus with specialized pharmacies, and how fun mouth sores are. 

Peace out.

 





















 























Comments

Popular Posts