Ch-Ch-Ch Cherry Bomb

I love that Runaways song. And now I have a car with her name. 

First, sorry to have left all of you hanging. I received so many emails asking how my blood sugar is. I was shocked....but, the next day it went down to normal and it has stayed there. Thanks to Ginger for the suggestion that I try Ceylon Cinnamon tablets. We bought some. I don't know if they are the reason that my blood sugar went down, but it was back to normal the next day. Keeping my fingers crossed tightly. And still very nauseated and fatigued, but holding on. I have lost 12 pounds since being on this drug. Just can't bear the sight of food and only eat when I take my meds since they can only be taken with food. T has been making all my old standbys that usually work (hard boiled eggs, cucumber and tomato salad, and bologna and cheese sandwiches)....I try to eat to make her feel better, but my heart isn't in it. Plus, another side effect has emerged: the dreaded mouth sores. They're like canker sores on the underside of my tongue and roof of my mouth. Fun. 

A few days ago, T decided that we needed to go look at new cars. My old Mazda, Trudy Belle....well, the story is on here if you care to read about her. We took her in to a dealer two days ago and took the plunge. We bought a brand spanking new Volkswagen beetle. A little red bug that I have named Cherry. She is small and sassy. 

Our Sarah came to visit yesterday and we talked new cars. She and her husband live in New Jersey and commute to NYC for their jobs. They had lived in Brooklyn for years and took the subway everywhere. Neither had owned a car since college. Then, they bought their home in New Jersey and decided that they wanted a car for the weekends so that they wouldn't have to be dependent on the train or ferry. So, they bought a car. We both compared notes. 

Sarah: We were amazed at all the bells and whistles on cars these days. They hook up to your phone! They speak to you!

Me: I know! The sales guy at the dealer kept talking about "blue tooth" this and "sirius" that. I looked at T and asked her what the hell he was talking about. She had to EXPLAIN it to me. I got to pick how my car talks to me. I picked an English accent and just pretend that it's Jon Snow.

I probably should have named her Jon, but she is bright red and gives off a very feminine vibe. I think that Cherry fits her just fine. 

I'm not stupid. I know WHY T got this car. She told me. 

"I'm just thinking that if we buy this car, you'll stick around longer." 

I told her that I will try my best. And I will. 

So, I am tooling around in Cherry now and feeling pretty spiffy. I had a bit of guilt when we left Trudy Belle sitting forlornly at the dealer's place, but I must be extremely fickle. Out of sight, out of mind. I have barely thought of her since. I guess it is my hope that she gets a more exciting life this time around. Instead of driving to doctor's appointments and labs, maybe she will be a teenager's car and get to go to parties and smell like vaping and listen to hip hop instead of Lee DeWyze and Harry Potter books. 

I wish her well. 

We also took the leap and signed up for a bengal kitten. The litter was just born last week and will be ready for pick up in October. The litter was small, only four cats and since we were the last to sign for one, we will get the one that no one picks. That pleases me. I like those ones the best. They are pricey, but we wanted to get a cat that thinks like a dog and have been told that bengals are just that. Plus, they are as hypoallergenic as a cat can be (not totally) and do well on leashes and won't have to be litter box trained. I like that about cats. The main reason that we haven't had another dog is that I just don't think I have the stamina to go through house training again. 

Plus, I want T to have a companion when I am gone. I haven't told her that. But, again....I'm not stupid. I worry that when I am gone she will turn in on herself and become a hermit. We've spoken so many times about this. She swears that before that happens, she will sell the house and move to Berlin or Japan or Florida or any other place she has visited and loved. I suggested that she might benefit from joining the Peace Corps. She thinks she is too old. I have told her that I have no objection to her marrying again. Her reply:

I married my soul mate. And she is a handful. I can't imagine being with anyone else or wanting anyone else. No. Just no. 

You know, time has a way of changing perspective. I would love it if she wasn't lonely. I think a cat would help. And Lucy, Sarah, and Conrad have sworn to me that they will keep an eye on her, make sure that she isn't alone. 

So, a new car. A new cat on the way. 

One foot trudging a day at a time. Trying hard to remember to enjoy the journey when I can. 

Ch-Ch-Ch Cherry Bomb....... 
 













































 








































Comments

  1. The ones that nobody else wants are the best ones!!
    If it’s a girl you should name her Vivienne and call her Vivi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's gorgeous! (Car is also nice. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts