Waking Up With A Song

I woke up with this song dancing through my head. NO idea why. I do remember it, but vaguely. It was one of the songs that my Dad and I used to sing in the car when we'd do errands. I remember asking him why she wouldn't stay. If they were having so much fun singing in the sunshine and laughing every day, why did she have to leave? 

"Some people are born under a wandering star," was his answer. 

That was SO Dad. An answer, but not one easily understood. Still. The song stayed with me and does now as the day slips into twilight. 

I wonder why songs present themselves to us? Is it something in our subconscious? A stray memory strand like in a Harry Potter movie, to be plucked out and thought upon? 

I have many songs that I love and consider my anthems. 

1) Long Ago and Far Away
2) Reprise from Friends (Elton John)
3) You and I Again 
4) Titanium
5) Imagine
6) Miss The Mississippi And You
7) Smells Like Teen Spirit

That song would not even make my top 100.  So, why was it trailing through my head as we went grocery shopping? As I opened the bottles of vitamins? While I sat on a park bench waiting for T to finish her walk? Was it a sign? Words to be listened carefully to? I don't know. 

It did make me think of good times with my Dad. Maybe that is enough for now on this cold December day. 





















Comments

Popular Posts